Wednesday, February 4, 2009

How to easily create a free and awesome screensaver

This is very rudimentary, but I didn’t know how to do it until recently. I expect that I wasn’t the only one who didn’t know that there’s a free and easy way to make your screensaver display as slideshow of whatever paintings or photos you like. Here’s how:

1) Rightclick on your desktop
2) Click Properties
3) Click the Screensaver tab
4) Choose My Pictures Slideshow from the dropdown box
5) Click settings and select*
6) Click OK, Apply, and OK.

I recommend setting the size to the largest and stretching the small pictures*

Any pictures from you’re My Pictures file that you don’t want displayed can simply be moved over to you’re My Documents file instead. Go to Google images to find pictures to add to your collection.

I have about 800 photos and paintings that change every 20 seconds or so. I watch my screensaver while I listen to Pandora: it’s better than TV!

No comments: